- High-Definition 5-1/4 inch bass/midrange driver with cast Magnesium basket
- Annealed Pure Aluminum 1 inch dome tweeter
- Pressure coupled 8 inch Low Bass radiator for outstanding bass response
- High gloss black lacquer end caps
Definitive's StudioMonitor 350 is a compact high-performance, magnetically shielded full-range bookshelf speaker. But don't let its small size fool you—thanks to its 8 inch pressure-coupled Low Bass radiator it belts out the bass depth and punch of a floor-standing loudspeaker. Its non-resonant monocoque cabinets feature Definitive's elegant piano-gloss black lacquer end cap/wraparound grillee cloth styling.
The StudioMonitor 350's sonic performance is truly stunning, producing huge razor-sharp, three-dimensional sonic images combined with incredible detail, ruler-flat frequency response and rich, full bass. Because the StudioMonitors are true full-range speakers with extended low-frequency response they deliver superb performance both as stand-alone speakers and when combined with separate subwoofers.
Monocoque, Non-Resonant, Low-Diffraction Cabinet
The cabinet of a loudspeaker plays a large part in its sonic performance. Diffraction, or the secondary radiation of sound caused by cabinet edges, grille frames and other protrusions, can color the sound of a loudspeaker. The design of the StudioMonitors reduces diffraction to an absolute minimum by flush mounting drivers on extremely narrow baffles with radial edges, which are covered by a frameless grillee "sock."
In addition, the resonant vibration of a loudspeaker's cabinet walls and baffles can also impart unwanted coloration. The Definitives' monocoque cabinets are constructed of high-density MDF with 1" thick front and rear baffles, foam damping pads and internal braces. This virtually eliminates resonant cabinet coloration which could otherwise interfere with the pure sound produced by the high definition drivers.
High-Definition Cast-Magnesium Basket Drivers
The StudioMonitor 350 utilizes a 5-1/4 inch high definition cast basket bass/midrange driver for significant performance advantages in the areas of bass reproduction, lifelike midrange clarity and dynamic range. This sophisticated bass/midrange driver incorporates deeply drawn mineral-filled polymer cone, combined with butyl rubber surround and dust-cap, high temperature vented voice coils and massive magnet structures. This combination of features assures high definition, superb transient response, high efficiency, high power handling and extended bass response. In addition, they are assembled utilizing an aerodynamically designed, magnetically inert, cast-magnesium basket to minimize internal reflections off the back of the cone and preserve structural and magnetic integrity under all conditions.
Moving Coil Pure Aluminum Dome Tweeters
The moving coil dome tweeters Definitive developed for the BP7000 Series are used in the StudioMonitor 350. They utilize a specially annealed pure aluminum 1-inch dome, suspended by a silk surround and acoustically loaded by a precisely configured phase plug/lens, engineered to assure perfectly controlled, absolutely linear movement. This results in velvety smooth extended response (beyond 30 kHz), greatly reduced distortion, improved transient response, wider dispersion and notably higher definition. Magnetic fluid damping is incorporated for ultra high power handling.
Phase-Coherent Linkwitz-Riley Crossover Networks
The crossover network of a loudspeaker is the real heart of the system, as it is responsible for perfectly blending together the sound of the various drivers into a musically seamless whole. The sophisticated Linkwitz-Riley design used in the StudioMonitor 350 equalizes the drivers for linear phase and frequency response. This preserves the phase coherence, transient response and dynamic integrity of the signal for absolutely lifelike music and home theater reproduction in your home.
StudioMonitor 350 Specifications:
- Dimensions | Metric :6-15/16" W x 9-11/16" D x 10-11/16" H | 17.6 x 24.6 x 27.1 cm
- Driver Complement :One 1" pure aluminum dome tweeter; One 5-1/2" high definition bass/midrange driver pressure coupled to one 8" bass radiator
- Frequency Response :26 Hz – 30 kHz
- Impedance :Compatible with 8 Ohm outputs
- Sensitivity :90 dB
- Recommended Associated Amplifier Power :20 – 200 watts
- A/V Receiver Crossover Setting :60 Hz
- Inputs :One pair of 5 way binding posts
- Available Finishes :Piano-Gloss Black
- Included Accessories :Keyhole bracket (with 2 screws to mount to speaker)
- Mounting Options :Vertically: On Shelf; On Wall with optional included keyhole bracket for on-wall mounting
- Packaging :Two to a carton
- Weight | Metric :14 lbs | 6.4 kg
- Warranty :5 Years