In the summer of 2003, Silverline started to write the technical specifications of its new full range mini floor standing speaker system, in replacement of the Panatella and Corona series speaker. It was initially thought to provide a most affordable and extremely compact full range speaker system to accommodate the most demanding audiophiles and music lovers where budget and space are of most concern, besides performance in sound. The design team at Silverline developed an integrated driver system including a ultra light weight and extremely rigid diaphragm made from an ultra light weight alloy of aluminum and magnesium, and a redesigned magnet motor. The goal is not just improving the power handling and efficiency which benefited from the feather light and extremely rigid diaphragm, it also absent from coloration. Other features are their awesome slew rate and transient speed. This benchmarks the breakthrough of small diameter drivers to reproduce an extraordinary width in frequency response, makes the Prelude an outstanding full range mini floor standing speaker system.
- Design (Bass Reflex): 2 way
- One 1" aluminum/magnesium alloy dome tweeter
- Two 3.5" aluminum/magnesium alloy mid/woofer
- Frequency Response: 35 - 28,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 91 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Crossover Frequency: 3500 Hz
- Recommended Power: 10 -300 watts RMS
- Dimension (H x W x D): 40" x 5" x 8"
- Shipping Weight: 60 lbs./pair
- Speaker Connections: Bi-wire
- Price: US$1,200.-/pair
- Cherry in vinyl
- Rosewood in vinyl